Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took the groover out for it's maiden voyage. How do you all store the tank at home? Do you leave a little bleach(or other chemical) inside or do you dry it out completely?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
After doing what seantana said leave the lid off when stored. If you still can detect a unpleasant fragrance put some saw dust or wadded up newspaper in the tank (both absorb odors).

·
Registered
312 Posts
I keep mine full from the trip and leave it out in the hot sun. Throw a grapefruit or and orange in there and seal it up. Then just dump it right before your next use.

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
I keep mine full from the trip and leave it out in the hot sun. Throw a grapefruit or and orange in there and seal it up. Then just dump it right before your next use.

Hey Noah, you probably do not have to share your boat with any other life forms.

·
Super Moderator
4,173 Posts
When it's not on the river mine does double duty as an end table next to the Hepplewhite love seat. It's about the perfect height and you can move it to the middle of the living room as a second coffee table when the book club meets. Usually I've got the Wedgewood compote and the cut-glass pickle dish on it.

'Knew a guy once that came back from the Grand with a trip's worth of shit in a bunch of ammo cans. He was an PNW boater who'd moved to Colorado and was accustomed to scat machines at all the take-outs. Of course, the scat machine at Pearce had been broken and he'd just driven back with them all with no place to empty them between Flag and Denver. About 6 months later I stopped by, and there they were, full and fermenting in his driveway.

Then there's the classic story about someone that had a full groover box stolen out of the back of their truck - talk about karma (and other things) ripening when the thieves opened that baby up...

-AH

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
After 9/11 I got off About April 20th 2011 from GC with 3 rocket boxes full of shit. No working scat machine anywhere. I drove to Vegas for a shower and whatever. At this time they had security in place before you could cross over the dam. My trailer was piled high with rafting shit and 4 rocket boxes of everyone's personal shit. I was waved off to the side for a search by a newbie security guard. He politely asked me what was in the military boxes and I of course said they are full of my shit. He asked if I was going to tell him or not and I said I can not explain it any better. He took one box off my trailer as he opened it his supervisor and I ran for cover. Did I mention it was about 90 degrees? Lucky for one person (him) it was just a little pressurized. I thought his supervisor was going to pee himself while laughing. It did make my day. He did not check any other gear.

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
When it's not on the river mine does double duty as an end table next to the Hepplewhite love seat. It's about the perfect height and you can move it to the middle of the living room as a second coffee table when the book club meets. Usually I've got the Wedgewood compote and the cut-glass pickle dish on it.

Perfect !! Thanks for the laugh this AM Andy !!

I use a packet of RV tank deodorant sprinkled liberally inside, it's what I use on the river to kill the stench, so the groover is set and ready for use. There's also a product you can buy IIRC from NRS called Groover Tamer, there was a thread here on it last year if memory serves. It works really well, but is a tad on the spendy side compared to RV tank deodorant.

·
Registered
256 Posts
After 9/11 I got off About April 20th 2011 from GC with 3 rocket boxes full of shit. No working scat machine anywhere. I drove to Vegas for a shower and whatever. At this time they had security in place before you could cross over the dam. My trailer was piled high with rafting shit and 4 rocket boxes of everyone's personal shit. I was waved off to the side for a search by a newbie security guard. He politely asked me what was in the military boxes and I of course said they are full of my shit. He asked if I was going to tell him or not and I said I can not explain it any better. He took one box off my trailer as he opened it his supervisor and I ran for cover. Did I mention it was about 90 degrees? Lucky for one person (him) it was just a little pressurized. I thought his supervisor was going to pee himself while laughing. It did make my day. He did not check any other gear.
Thanks for the laugh. That's fucking hilarious.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Man I love groover threads! I always learn something new, and find something that causes uncontrollable laughter. Thanks Bighorn!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just put some blue stuff and an inch or two of water in there and close it up. Its a toilet.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I use to take my groove's to my uncle's farm to dump and clean them out because he had a septic system and tank for his house sewer system. At times I would leave them there. My Aunt and Uncle were having a seafood boil a couple weeks later, they would use 5 stainless milk cans to do the boil and add special seasonings to the water for flavor and place them on a long fire pit to boil the seasoned water. When I arrived, my Aunt had placed my two grooves to the the fire pit along with the 5 milk cans for the seafood boil. When I explained to her what they were used for she decided not to use them, close call. Next time we set them up on a trip, some one comment that they smelled like cajun spices, I told them they serve double duty as seafood boil containers. I usually stored my groove's in the garage along with all my other shit.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Keep it in the bathroom and use it as the house toilet. Saves a lot of money on the water bill and people don't invite themselves over. When the 6 year old misbehaves her punishment is taking the groover to the RV dump.
Just remember, don't pee in the groover, pee in the bathtub.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts