Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at the "fun" a couple months back and didn't see any thigh braces. When I posted the question to their site they said there built in. I just wanted to get some feed back from someone about how they worked out. I know some people don't use or need thigh braces. I paddel an ez now, and love the agressive thigh braces. Do I need to transfer them over from my ez?

·
Registered
67 Posts
The shell of the kayak it's self has cups for your knees and thighs to fit into. If you look inside a fun series you will see the area I'm taliking about covered in a thin layer of foam. After you setup the bean bag pump up the air bag that is behind it and your legs will be pushed up into the braces.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
JK Kayaks

Just like in the Riot boats, the thigh braces are simply the top deck of the boat. The Jackson kayaks have a small overhanging plastic section that makes contact with your thigh. The rest of the knee and leg make contact with the boat (which is padded nicely).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Comparison of EZ to Fun series thigh braces

I switched from a Super EZ to a Super Fun this year. I initially had the same concern about the thigh braces. What I've found is with the Super Fun there is more knee to thigh contact and the fit functionality is superior without the added weight.
It is important that you understand how to adjust the outfitting in the Fun series boats, but when you do, you will find that you can get a dialed in fit with the stock outfitting. Good luck with your choice.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts