Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, my raft came with the floor out for shipping reasons and now I need to lace the floor in. I understand the concept but have never done it and am not sure where to start, plus wondered if anyone had any tricks. It has 4 different pieces of webbing and its a 13' hyside.

This probably should have went in gear talk. My bad!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Torch the rope heating it enough to get the end stiff. You can then shove it through and begin lacing.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since I have 4 pieces what kind of knot should I use, a water knot since it's webbing and tie in between holes?

·
Registered
137 Posts
A coupla things. A water knot is what I have always used and it seems to work well. I am not sure about Aire floors but if they are like a normal floor this should work. Soak the webbing first and as you go. Wet webbing stretches so put it in wet so it doesnt stretch too much on the water. I usually lace through a long section and then pull out the slack. I usually use the claw end of a hammer to get in there. Once you have laced and pulled out the slack, so it is "hand tight" you should be good. Tie it off and have a good time.

tony

·
Registered
254 Posts
I checked my 2008 Hyside this w/e, and the ID tag is in the stern of the boat. The tag on mine looks like some kind of sheet metal with stamped numbers, glued to the tube near the floor. Mine also has a glued in floor instead of a lace in. I suspect you would want the ID tag in the stern of the boat out of the way so your passenger/paddlers' feet are rubbing against it. Later.

·
Registered
327 Posts
floor lacing

it is a good idea to double lace the floor, meaning two individual strands of webbing installed on opposite sides of the floor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts