Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone is Jonesin' for the run off and ready to huck. Maybe have a big bash the first week of March in Denver? Might be fun to bring your own clips to share and a chance to meet padlers before the season kicks off. Any ideas on a date and location? I will buy the first keg!

hobie

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Hey Hobie,

Wahoo's Fish Taco's in LoDo hosted some of the Airwalk snowboard movie premiers, and it was a fantastic environment for such an event. The place is small and thrives on the outdoor sport scene, has good food, and has a full bar with beer on tap. I've been trying to get down there anyway to set up a possible time to premier the LVM videos for Spencer. I will try to inquire about that in the next two weeks.

Are you going to the winter OR show? I leave tonight, so call me if you are going to be out there.

Kyle

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Call me

Hobie,

Give me a call 303-433-3676. I can set up a location, I've got a few connections.

·
Registered
109 Posts
or come to Salida...

...for the March 11th "River Flicks" -- most likely we'll be showing "Aerated," and perhaps could get the beer flowing as well :)

tom.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hey Hobie, I'd love to help if I can. Interestingly Toepper suggested helping organize an MB party a few weeks ago too, and Homespun videos and music sounds like a perfect way to kick off the season. Do you have a date in mind?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey Hobie,
I'd kick in here as well. Sounds like fun and early March works for me.
I'd buy the second keg. If every attending rep bou :lol: ght one, it could get ugly!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Hey, I'm willing to offer my house in Boulder anytime in March. We don't have the biggest TV, but we have a DVD player and VCR. We also have a huge yard so people can bring dogs if they like. This would save money on renting a place if people want. Just a suggestion.
Joe
(303) 594-9733

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
MB Party

I called some pals in the bar biz. I can secure two different locations for free. Just let me know when you want to have the event. Let me know if you want posh or laid back. (I just took a set back and looked at the group that would be coming... laid back it is.)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
O.K Then the next week. Were not doing this if the friggin' creater can't make it. How about somewhere between the 8th and 15th? Week days would be sweet too if it got started around 7pm. 2 hours after most anyone gets off work (for all you 9-5 folk)

hobie

Also, if she's free, go for Posh. Swilly is fine too but were are a pretty manky bunch all season. Can we show vids at the nicer spot? Get naked? Two bonuses for any party.

·
Registered
7 Posts
party for the Colorado Cup

Hey my name is Moira Hundley "Mo" and I am starting a freestyle kayaking series this year called the Colorado Cup. We are pulling together almost all the festivals in Colorado that throw freestyle comps and declaring an overall champ. Scores come from placement in at least three events. I am looking for a way to raise some money, and I love to drink beer! How about making it a fundraiser for an awesome event that promotes colorado kayaking?! Let me know what you guys think, email [email protected] or holla 970-943-2148 to find out more! :lol:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im going to look like the bad guy here but "no". If you want to raise funds while there thats all good but this is no fundraiser. Just a pre-season bash. A good chance for you to come spread the word and info as well as pull in some $. That's your deal however. This is just a party.

h

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hobbie your such a bully. Long time no see, are you coming to OR? Have you been surfing lately? I am going to head to SoCal soon, cant wait.

Take it easy,

Ken
Riot

·
Registered
465 Posts
Sweet, somewhere between the 8th and 15th works perfect, thanks for that! So then make that one more vote for Posh over here. Kayakers dressed up in shwank gear... trouble! Also count me in for another keg, or money toward the bar. Can't wait :twisted:

·
Super Moderator
4,023 Posts
Posh? Are you sure you're posting to the right internet group??

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I'll book it.

I'll book the room. We'll have our own private room at Forest Room 5. It's about a block from the shop and the bar manager has already offered me the space. I was just looking for the chance to take him up on his offer. The room seats 60-70 people. If we need more space... we'll take over the rest of the bar.

As for the fundraiser thingy... not a chance. MB is bigger than rodeo. Let the people that compete in the events pay there own way. Enough said on that one.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Great idea Hobie...

What a great way to get stoked for the up coming season. If there is anything I can do, please advise. Seriously, as this comes around please post some things that people can do and I would love to help.

I am starting to Jones so hard, I have now watched my entire vid collection (15 or so) about 3 times each!!!

It will be great to get a chance to shoot the stuff and pound some brew with the crew!!!

LONG LIVE MB!!!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts