Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Horsetooth is coming up pretty fast. The water line in backing up into the few standing waves in the canal. My prediction is that within a couple of weeks the slack water in the lake will make the hole stand up and be perfect for a short window. I have the week off so I will be watching it.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Right on... Please advise as soon as it looks like it's coming in...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The hole is in. I went up after work today and got a couple of rides on some fast waves. The lake is backing up the waves and they are getting better. Every day will be different. Today was fun, go get sum.

·
Super Moderator
2,835 Posts
How about some more beta? Is this thing worth the hour drive from boulder?

What does it cost to get in the park?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Absolutely NOT..

Seriously, this isn’t no M wave....

I can send you a photo if you want, or if I could figure out how to post a pix I would do that....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not worth the drive, I live up the road from it. Definitely fun to dink around on, when you are jonesin though. The feeder tunnel discharges can go from ragin to flat to ragin again within an hour or two. It does form a fast glassy bouncy pocket for a small boat at just the right flow, other wise its a shallow hole that you would not want to get window shaded in.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not worth it for anyone who doesn't live in Fort Collins....

I was there the other day at 475cfs and it's worse than at lower flows (ideal probably 150- 300 cfs). Check the DWR portion of the buzz flows and look at the "charles hansen feeder canal below big thompson siphon". It could be good once the reservoir levels hit the area of the canal where the wave currently resides. Unfortunately, that's very close to the waterline where the reservoir would be full so they'd probably shut the water down at that point....

Anyways...too shallow (and only 1.5 ft tall) for anything other than front surfing and some spins....it was fun for 5 minutes then I got sick of hiking back up...it's basically a one hit wonder at 475cfs.....spend the time/gas to get to South Canyon or Steamboat.

Brandon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts