Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The photo of good bye to Jiggydawg has me worried. Is that dawg OK or what? :confused:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Jiggy had cancer. He fought it for a few months, getting better and better. Suddenly he took a severe turn this week. He was begining to suffer. His last day was good. We had a party for him with lots of steak and he passed with his favorite Kong ball in his mouth. He was awesome to the end.
For anyone that might not know Jiggy rode the back of an Xtracycle and kayaked with me from Savannah to Key West in fall 2001 to raise money for First Descents. He was the sole reason for the success. People would see this pitbull on the back of the bike and a 15 foot kayak strapped to it and stop to ask what we were doing and get a photo with Jigs. It was increadable.
Thanks to everyone for the nice notes. And to Sallyman, thanks for the help yesterday. You are a great friend.

hobie

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hobie...

I am really sorry about this. My two pals are getting up in their age, and I can't fathom not having them around someday.

Really sorry...

Craw

·
Registered
676 Posts
Jiggy had cancer. He fought it for a few months, getting better and better. Suddenly he took a severe turn this week. He was begining to suffer. His last day was good. We had a party for him with lots of steak and he passed with his favorite Kong ball in his mouth. He was awesome to the end.
For anyone that might not know Jiggy rode the back of an Xtracycle and kayaked with me from Savannah to Key West in fall 2001 to raise money for First Descents. He was the sole reason for the success. People would see this pitbull on the back of the bike and a 15 foot kayak strapped to it and stop to ask what we were doing and get a photo with Jigs. It was increadable.
Thanks to everyone for the nice notes. And to Sallyman, thanks for the help yesterday. You are a great friend.

hobie
i feel for you and know somewhat how you feel. i lost my pooch about 2.5 years ago to an unimaginable accident/tragedy. i didn't even get to say goodbye to him. probably the hardest thing i've ever been through. hang in there. cherish the good memories and the good life you gave him. i'll be thinking about you. just typing this post has me a bit choked up thinking about my old boy going away.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Hobie I am super sorry. Jiggydawg was one of a kind. I feel lucky to have had one night snuggling that pooch at your place a couple springs ago. He was a classic dog, fitting for a classic owner. I would venture to say that Jiggy will go down in the underground annals of Colorado whitewater as a legend. I have never seen a dog attack stick fetching with such passion. I am going to think of some tribute to him at this years river dog comp at FIBArk.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh man! I am so bummed and so sorry to hear about your loss. Jiggy was a way cool dog and a very good buddy for you and everyone he met but it does sound like he went out in style. :cool: That's cool.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Jiggy will be missed for sure. I'll always remember him and you with your matching red, white, & blue, died hair. Chassing us down the Poudre. Awesome dog, better friend. Tough one for sure.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Jiggy will definitely go down in history like Harvey said. Hobie bought Jiggy the nicest steak in town for his last meal. A $40 steak from one of the nicest restaurants in Beaver Creek. There were more people at Jiggy's going away party than would come to mine.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Thanks everyone

It has been a tough few days. Not having him around leaves a pretty big void. I appreciate all the good words about him. Knowing he was loved by so many makes it a touch easier. And thanks for including him at Fibark this year Mike. I spoke with RuffWear and Patrick is going to send us a bunch of great prizes. I believe I will let Jiggy's ashes go that day on the Arkansas. A fitting tribute to Jdawg with all his friends around. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Having lost my two adventure palls in the last couple years, I feel for ya Hobie.

Jiggy, thanks for never letting go of the stick and letting me break my nose when I was doing pull ups with you. You were a kick around camp. RIP.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I almost forgot about the smashed nose;) Made me laugh, I saw that coming. Jiggy hanging from the stick and you pulling up on it. Soon as he let go, BAM, right in the nose. Ah man.

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Really sorry to hear that. Props to you for sending the little guy out in style.

·
Registered
274 Posts
hobie; sorry for the loss, a mans best friend is an understatement. He will be missed, I hope my pup lives the legacy that yours did. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts