Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the status of repair on the kayak holes? I took a look at the lower on the other day and it looks like it is the same as last summer. I couldn't tell if the upper one had work done or not.

Didn't they do some fixing last fall? Are there plans for this spring? Just wondering - thanks.

Aaron :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good question. Eugene is the man on the holes, coordinating behind the scenes, so thank him if you see him (though he's skiing in Jackson Hole today). From what he told me yesterday though, here's the latest. The lower (Depot) hole was repaired last fall. At first it looked like they'd have to just stack the rocks, as before, but they were able to get last minute permission from the forest service to grout in the rocks below the water line, so hopefully they will never again shift. However, Gary Lacey wants to dig out the pool below so the drop becomes more significant--as it was before--and that is running into some snags in the permit process (long story). So this spring it may or may not be as good as it was 2 years ago, but certainly better than nothing. As for the upper (Charlie's), I believe they're still planning on shifting a few rocks back into place sometime in the next few weeks. So overall, the prognosis is good, especially with our decent snowpack, for some sick playboating in Steamboat this spring, though from what I understand Chunderboy will be checking driver's lisences in the parking lot to keep out-of-towners away.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the update. I guess that is why the lower hole didn't look different - because of all of the dirt that filled in after last year.

I heard Chunderboy was involved in some of those CU sex allegations against football players :shock:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hmm. Come to think of it I did read something about a "felching mascot" in the reports, so you may be on to something there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts