Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently play in a gforce 5.9 and am looking for a newer boat. has anyone paddled the vision? whats it like?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have a vision 56 I am 180 lbs, 5'10" size 10 feet, 33 in seam. I love it especially in holes. The chine is like powersteering in a hole - put it on edge and you are there. Otherwaise it cartwheels and loops like a champ. I have not had it on enough waves to dial it in but it is fast. You over edge and carve off until you get use to it. Also it paddles well downstream you do not notice the chine until you are on a wave. The chine goes way forward which can be hard on the little toe. I have heard some people complain about the foot room because of it. I have put some padding in and don't notice it any more. Besides the outfitting is the best out there. Disclaimer - I have only paddled LL for the past four years other than a 4 Fun.

Peter

·
Registered
989 Posts
I owned a V56 for two weeks. It rocked, but hurt my feet so badly I could only stay in the boat for about 5min before I wanted to amputate them. The website says max inseem is 35" and foot size 12.5, but that's a steamer, bro. I measure that exactly and it just did not work, even after I drilled extra holes to move the seat back as far as it would actually go. I bought a heat gun and was just about to bump it out when I decided it would be better just to cut my losses and sell it.

My 200 lbs. weren't an issue, but if you have big feet and legs that go all the way up (add whistle here) it's the wrong boat. Try a ZG54.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts