Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is planning on driving from the Pennsylvania area to the Colorado area during the month of December and will be willing to transport a whitewater kayak, I would be willing to help with travel expenses.

Please call me for more details.

Thanks, Lenny.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Forward Air & CK can help you out

Hey Lenny,

You can ship this boat by forward air for a pretty reasonable rate. It will take 3-5 days and cost $55-80 bucks depending on size/weight
the only hassle with FA as a regular dude is that you have to pay by cashiers check, after the boat has been weighed and measured...
so it takes 2 trips to the FA terminal with a stop a 7-11 for a cashiers check.

I can help you out with that part if you want...we have a FA acct and can send you an airbill by PDF, anyone could drop it off for you...It would need to be wrapped, but we could ship a bag back to PA for $10

pm me if interested

·
Registered
667 Posts
Lenny,
What part of PA is the boat? If the FA doesn't work out for whatever reason, I'm driving back to CO from upstate NY just before Christmas.

·
Registered
579 Posts
:pi think fed-ex goes out there to PA:p

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Juan De Confluence - Thanks for your post. Ive checking into ForwardAir and the nearest Airport is in Pittsburgh, and that's too far for the owner of of the store I'm buying the boat from, to drive. The boat is in New Stanton, PA.

climbdenali - Thanks for your post, just sent you a PM.

adgeiser - I'm speechless, but great post, for the 'bump' anyway :).

mwunder424 - thank you.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If Jeff Prycel from Rocky Mountain Kayaks (which oddly is located in New Stanton Pa) can't help you maybe consider buying the boat from a local dealer.

Just a thought

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ouch.... you know what i sounded like kind of a dik on that last one..... maybe try a post on the TRPC message board they are familiar with RMK try the Keelhauler board as well

hope this helps

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well DONE!

I'm actually stunned how well this worked out. Two great guys, Chris & Tom, drove out from the DC area and transported my boat perfectly to Colorado. Not only did I get a chance to connect with two solid guys, I made some East Coast connections and helped with some travel expenses and got my boat delivered in perfect condition.

THANK YOU to all that posted and participated. Well done Chris & Tom, now we need to paddle together.

Lenny.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts