Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might need to get a paddle from CKS in BV to the front range by Friday 2/11.

Long story short is that I´m in Chile and I borrowed and broke a guys paddle, and it´s difficult to replace a paddle down here :( I can send a replacement paddle down here with someone flying to Chile from Boulder on Saturday 2/12. I´ll be back in Boulder Wed night 2/9, and there´s no chance I´ll be able to get to CKS myself to pick up the replacement.

I'm posting this now b/c my email access may be sporadic over the next few days. If you´re driving from BV to front range this week and wouldn´t mind picking up and driving a paddle, please-please email me or post here! I´ll pay you or buy beers or whatever.

Thanks very much,
Claire
[email protected]
cell9413507650 (i´ll check it on tuesday night).

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Hope you've had a great trip down south. Will you be back here long before leaving for Idaho? (bummer year to leave CO for ID) Will you be having a send off?

Dave

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave Frank said:
Hope you've had a great trip down south. Will you be back here long before leaving for Idaho? (bummer year to leave CO for ID) Will you be having a send off?

Dave
Ed thanks for the offer I emailed you...

Dave,... no kidding bad timing for the Idaho move! I'll be that much closer to California is the good news I guess. I'm moving this Saturday but will be back for a few days to Uhaul my stuff after I find a place to live. This Friday night we'll go out somewhere in Boulder (suggestions??)... I'll have photos and video from Chile... it was awesome- 2 weeks paddling the Futaleufu, a few more days on a couple other rivers closer to Pucon, and did some general travel including Argentina. Email me if you want to come friday night... it would be great to see ya! (invite goes out to anyone reading this who wants to join).

Claire
[email protected]

Claire

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nate at KayakChile.net (I believe his e-mail is Nathan*kayakchile.net - there is no "at" symbol on this Chilean key board so I used *) sometimes sells paddles. He is out of Pucon. Not sure if the guy you owe a paddle to lives near there. I know you were just there as I hear you were out paddling with Robbie a few days ago. Small world. I was also with Alex, the Costa Rican Bio Bio guide you met and some of the Bio Bio folks.

I can get in touch with Nate if you need me to.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Johnny P said:
Nate at KayakChile.net (I believe his e-mail is Nathan*kayakchile.net - there is no "at" symbol on this Chilean key board so I used *) sometimes sells paddles. He is out of Pucon. Not sure if the guy you owe a paddle to lives near there. I know you were just there as I hear you were out paddling with Robbie a few days ago. Small world. I was also with Alex, the Costa Rican Bio Bio guide you met and some of the Bio Bio folks.

I can get in touch with Nate if you need me to.
Hey thanks. Yeah small world. Robby loaned me the paddle though it belongs to a friend of his, so if there's a suitable replacement already down there that's great. I need to get the replacment to Robby. If you wouldn't mind asking Nate if he has any to sell that would be great. Thanks! Have fun down there... I'm pretty bummed to be back north :cry:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Will do! I just sent him an e-mail to see what, if any, he has and how much. He sees Robby all the time so that would be sweet if this works out.

JP

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nate has a bunch of werner paddles, a prijon, a
perception and a lighting. Let me know which one would be the best replacement and I will try find out how much. I tried to get all that info before but our communication is not that good.

JP

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JP, Thanks for that info, that's super nice of you to go out of your way to help me. I'm talking with Robby about what the best options are, as well as trying to see about warranty issues on the paddle that broke, so it may be a bit of time to get it figured out (missed out on my option to send a replacement down last weekend). I'll file this info away, and if we want to buy one of Nate's, Robby can probably do it down thereN. Thanks again, hope you are having a great time!!
Claire

1 - 9 of 9 Posts