Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
..is doing the damn thing
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back story, 2 twins who do do shit our wives hate so they don’t feel left out. I’m in the Front Range, he’s in Seattle. My vote this year is a cold weather/water raft trip, he wants to camp off dirt bikes/dual sports....
Options...
1. Preseason Salt, if it runs with some time pre or post trip in a buddies ridiculous side by side on the AZ BRD
2. WestWater/White rim?

What else is there out there? Ideas on logistics?

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
You guys ever do the Lochsa?

I hate to sound like it's my go-to answer, but it's my go-to answer. haha

It's not a multiday, but would be a GREAT bro's trip. Incredible preseason whitewater and awful preseason weather. Go for May and it will rain all the time, you'll appreciate a hot tent.

The bonus is there's great single track in the immediate area and dualsport riding in the region (could make a big dualsport loop and hit Idaho hot springs).

Salt combined with desert dirt biking/SxS also sounds cool.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I live in Loveland, you still here? Come talk to me at Aleworks on weekdays to discuss...otherwise

I suggest doing the North Platte early season (mid/late April).

-take the dirt bikes and fuck around on the WY border on endless roads/snow.
-shoot guns and shit...it is WY so no one cares
-float and fish for great trout
-finish the trip in Saratoga at the bar and brewery and hot springs and stay in a shitty motel and drink whiskey.

·
..is doing the damn thing
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, we are narrowing in on a west slope shenanigan. Typically, how safe of a bet would the second week in March be to get down WestWater?

·
Sponsoring Vendors
1,457 Posts
It will be clear of ice. Your problem will be getting a permit. I think they are going through rec.gov next year so you get to compete with the world for it. Have all your boys give it hell three months out or however they are going to work it. March is way more popular than it used to be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts