Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
yes better now... not sure what it is... never seen one exactly like it... maybe it was a custom project for National Geographic.... my best guess would be something similar to an AIRE Outfitter IK... maybe a prototype? are you thinking about buying? whats the story??? Good Luck!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Might just be the picture, but it looks to wide for an IK and the ends look too rounded for an Ik. Maybe a Puma? More info would be helpful. Do you have any measurements? It certainly looks like an Aire. They do do custom projects as mentioned above.

Here is one they did recently for Winding Waters River Expeditions. 20' long with 28" tubes.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's for sale in DC, where Nat Geo is based. Maybe the guy works there idk the story. Is that a foot cup in front, where are the thwarts, the length looks like 12 or 13 ft to me.

Waiting for an email back from the seller.

·
Registered
462 Posts
The dimensions looks like one of those old pumas (that I want so bad) and mentioned in a thread awhile back with the strangely sized hyside (I think it was)

Buy it and lets go run wonderfalls.

As you know we got lotsa places around here where a boat like that would be good to have.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I know...and I'm calling dibs. Just trying to figure out what it is before driving over there in this snow.

Well if you don't let me know...I'm talking a buddy into buying a boat right now.

...and I just looked...how in the hell is Big Sandy is like the only thing around not running right now when everything else is blown out??

·
I'm right 50% of the time
899 Posts
Looks very Aire like with the zippers and zipper tags. The d rings throw me off through as they only seem to be bow and stern and don't match up to any pics of 1st or 2nd gen Pumas I have seen. The material looks to be in great shape, although it to looks a little softer than the Aire PVC. Obviously welded seams. The valves also look like B7's suggesting mid 90's. The tube zipper placement is higher on the side also suggesting mid 90's. The handle on the front make me think that it is smaller than the puma. Let us know what Aire says when you hear back.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Aire traveler inflatable canoe. It has the internal tied-downs like an IK but is wider, rounded ends, and has little d rings.

AIRE Traveler Inflatable Canoe at nrs.com

NRS link because Aires website didn't like me......
Could be that.

Aire just launched a new website. If you were trying to go to their website from a bookmark that you saved it won't work. You have to google it and click in the new one.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 25 Posts