Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I am new to the site and the kayaking world in general. My best friend and I started in January with two nice sit on top kayaks and a 3 day down river trip(first ever) in the winter lol. Then we upgraded to recreational 10ft kayaks and since have taken them through and up to class 3+ runs on the toutle in high and low water to the point that they have needed a good number of repairs. No it's time to step up to a capable creek boat since my paddling has surpassed the ability of my boat. Being the only bread winner and with a new baby I am at a disadvantage beside my best friend as far as being able to get said creek boat. I have r heard lots of veterans often have many boats. I am looking for a cheap but good characteristic high volume boat something around $200-300 and it's ok if it's beat up. I can plastic weld and don't mind taking on water as long as it's not a 10ft heavy Canadian pos rec boat like I have now. I am located in Olympia wa and will drive a long distance for the right deal so I can enjoy that ww more and spend less time flipping or draining my I'll equipped boat as I do now. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
610 Posts
Check out the Swap section of Mountain Buzz. Also try craigslist. Found our Pyranha h3 for $150, great condition, plus the guy threw in a decent paddle for $50 through craigslist, and we only had to drive five minutes to get it.

Consignment shops are the shit too. Got my Dagger G-force (playboat) for $190 at our sports consignment shop.

Winner winner :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've paddled the Y for the last 12 years, it's handles well in both low volume and big water. Very durable plastic (but does have some scratches).

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in Eugene, Oregon. Might be traveling through Portland on Wednesday. I'm asking $200. I took some pics this afternoon... ImageUploadedByMountain Buzz1408320224.638822.jpg ImageUploadedByMountain Buzz1408320239.439125.jpg ImageUploadedByMountain Buzz1408320259.702244.jpg ImageUploadedByMountain Buzz1408320276.556923.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Definitely interested could you pm me your email address or number so I could get a hold of you k after this afternoon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts