Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I need some experienced guidance with buying my husband a boat for his bday. He used to paddle a WaveSport EZ and sold it a few years ago to buy our new baby's furniture. Now we have moved to Glenwood Springs and have whitewater in our backyard! I'm trying to decide if I should get him an EZ again since he liked it before. Or I've been told that the Jackson 4fun would be good for him too. He's 5'8" and 180 lbs.

He's mentioned that he's borderline between an EZ and a big EZ. Help, I'm clueless! Or would it be better for me to just give him cash and buy something at Paddlefest???

·
Registered
166 Posts
If he liked the EZ, then he would prob really enjoy a Fun (whatever size fits him best). But if both of you came down to Paddlefest, it would be a great way for him to sit in a TON of boats and talk to a TON of people about what will work good for him. I'm pretty sure he can even get in the water with them to try em out.

Just my .02

·
Registered
180 Posts
Play Boat!!!!

Think a full on play boat would be sweet, with the play park and awesome play on Shoshone. Have a boat swap this weekend in Frisco, Sat-Sun 9am-7pm, just got a Wave Sport Project 52 in for $350, also many new one in stock like the Biscuit, Kingpin, for play and Fuse for river running and play...

TMCK

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
"He used to paddle a WaveSport EZ and sold it a few years ago to buy our new baby's furniture."

This guy is going to make us all look bad! Sold his boat for baby furniture??? Really???
Babies are real short, can't they sleep and sit on the floor? Wouldn't a 12 pack box work for a bassinet?

When I saw your tread title: "Help! Bday present for hubby" my first thought was: THREESOME

·
Super Moderator
3,048 Posts
Help! I need some experienced guidance with buying my husband a boat for his bday.
Wow. You know there are about 5,000 boaters around the country thinking what a lucky bastard your husband is right now.

Not only are you not complaining about the boating habit, but helping to enable too.
So rare. Good woman.

I can't rec one over the other, but I know that I would prefer some kind of surprise than the cashish. I been wrong before though.

God Bless you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
"He used to paddle a WaveSport EZ and sold it a few years ago to buy our new baby's furniture."

This guy is going to make us all look bad! Sold his boat for baby furniture??? Really???
Babies are real short, can't they sleep and sit on the floor? Wouldn't a 12 pack box work for a bassinet?

When I saw your tread title: "Help! Bday present for hubby" my first thought was: THREESOME

ROFLOL!!

Lixy -When I read your post, I thought, "OMG! What a guy!" That's awesome that you're getting him a kayak. I agree with the rest of the folks - buy one at a kayak swap.

Rich - When my older sister was born, she slept in a drawer until my parents got her a crib. I don't know what the 'rents were waiting for. I understand on some things, wanting to wait to see if it's a boy or a girl, but what were they waiting for on the crib? Were they waiting to see if it was human baby? Regardless of gender, you'd think you would need a crib... or a 12 pack box.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
ROFLOL!!

Lixy -When I read your post, I thought, "OMG! What a guy!" That's awesome that you're getting him a kayak. I agree with the rest of the folks - buy one at a kayak swap.

Rich - When my older sister was born, she slept in a drawer until my parents got her a crib. I don't know what the 'rents were waiting for. I understand on some things, wanting to wait to see if it's a boy or a girl, but what were they waiting for on the crib? Were they waiting to see if it was human baby? Regardless of gender, you'd think you would need a crib... or a 12 pack box.
When my daughter was born we took the top off an old Gott 105 qt cooler and put an old hifloat life jacket in the bottom for a mattress, made a great crib.
Of course that did not work out so well, she became a ski bum and a river guide and now she can't support me in my old age...oh well, so it goes.

All kidding aside, I agree with carvedog, This is one lucky guy!
My suggestion: borrow a kayak from a friend or the local shop so you have something to put a ribbon on to open on his birthday. Then you can both go shopping to get the right boat and fit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone! Yes, I know, I'm a pretty awesome wife! haha! I feel sad for him though...he broke his ankle and leg a few months ago playing hockey. (awww) Poor guy can't ride his bike, run, or much less walk without his boot cast! :-( I think a kayak would be perfect for him since he won't really need to use his one leg/ankle. It should be a pretty awesome picker-upper for him!

So...I'm thinking that I'm going to try to find an awesome deal on a Jackson Fun. If he doesn't like it then he can always take it to a swap. From what I understand, they hold their value pretty well.

Picture this: He opens the garage and sees a boat, paddle, PDF, skirt, the whole sha-bang!!! Then he is indebted to me forever! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.