Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone..

I'm currently paddling with the protection of a Pro Tec old school helmet, which functionally is good, but I need something bigger with no ears... I don't want to go halfway...
What is the best helmet I can get?
Thanks

·
Registered
281 Posts
Head Trip.

Solid carbon fiber/kevlar construction. Between the material the shell is made of and the Ensolite liner, the feel is not only comfortable, but impacts are very damp, barely felt. The shells come in three different sizes and the liners are as custom fit as you make them. There are 5 different styles to choose from for boating and the color options are absolutely endless! If a local dealer doesn't have the particular color or style in stock, they can order it for you with appx a 2 week turnaround...

www.carbonfiberhelmets.com or www.kayakinghelmets.com

any further questions? my email address is on the website, feel free to contact me.

matt

·
Registered
9 Posts
The "Head Trip" guys made the Rock Hedz brand helmet I currently wear.
I believe in Carbon / Kevlar construction after 3 head bashings in Shoshone at low water.
The following web page will show you how the helmet held up fine, even though my neck did not fare so well.
http://www.savagesnow.com/whitewater_kayaking/pdhtml_kayak_paddling/a_kayak_safety.html
I am interested in the new Head Trip line. It looks like their new helmets have even nicer foam inserts than the helmets they were once making for other companies.
-Dan

·
Registered
281 Posts
sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you (been on the road and out of most touch)...yes, the helmets are lined a lot better than they used to be. thanks for your comments. shops all over are carrying the helmets. if you have any questions, or need help finding a dealer, please feel free to contact me.

[email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
i just dumped my Pro-Tec helmet for a Sweet Helmet.

Carbon Fiber construction seems to be the way to go. The helmet was a little bit pricey, but the safetyand styling are awesome. It is also very light weight. I picked it up at Mountain Miser for $180

1 - 5 of 5 Posts