Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
What helmet camera did you use?

video looks great.

reason to ask is I am hoping for a reasonable priced helmet cam this christmas and just looking for feedback

thanks

dave

·
Registered
682 Posts
I think this is the best POV I've seen--nice job!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Fred,

Don't be pitoning Keelonee, my large lover. She is a kind spirit of big surf. You piton her again and I will kick your ass.

Peter.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Nice work. The bit below Zute looks to have changed significantly, but not too bad. The third to last drop looks burly as ever with the new vertical wood behind the hole and ever present sieve eddy.

Joe

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow, I just held my breath for 8 minutes...

Awesome. It vividly hammers home the huge difference between the Class 2-3 stuff I paddle and the heinous stuff you gnarmasters paddle. I admire but do not aspire. I guess the only common thread is that we all love just being with the river.

·
Registered
364 Posts
SICK!!!! You guys are always putting up some sick vids!! Lovin it!!! Keepem comin!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not crazy idea. been done in twitch movie a while back and actually tried it a couple times kicks ass!
Yeah, but not with a serious camera. Easy to do with small consumer cameras, trickier for large screen film projection or BluRay HD as target. We're shooting most of the film on RED, the on-boat stuff Canon 5DmkII with L glass on it, in an Aquatech splash housing and custom mount that fits onto a Jefe at the front handle screws. That's the lightest true full HD, near film quality setup but its still about 5 lbs. Then we put a waterproof mic - lav size - on the helmet strap to capture sound of paddler breathing, etc

Still not sure how it all plays. Or if Fred can pull it off on Crystal Gorge without trashing 10K worth of gear. Insurance.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts