Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We put in for vacation time for “post-permit season” dates at the beginning of the year. With ramp reconstruction and thus, the extension of permit season, putting on at Hells Canyon Dam on Saturday, September 12 has become but an illusive dream. I have been checking daily for permit cancellations for the last month+. Looks like people will be more likely to cancel a week or two prior to their launch date. I am hoping to get the word out that we are interested in obtaining a permit for Saturday, September 12 (or even Sunday, September 13) for Hells Canyon.

We are a group of old raft guides (who started families and got “real jobs”) trying to gather a reunion trip to run Hells Canyon for three days, then pop over to Hammer Creek on the Lower Salmon for another five days of rafting. Folks will be coming from multiple states. We have a back-up plan to run a few day trips on different sections of the Payette/Salmon if we aren’t able to snag the Hells Canyon permit...but the ideal trip would include the Snake.
If any of you are wanting to get rid of your Hells Canyon permit for 9/12 or 9/13...or know of someone who is....or are looking to make some new river friends and have room for about 15-20 folks on your trip...let me know!
‘Sko Boatin’!!

·
Renaissance Redneck
1,235 Posts
I think youre right that you'll see the cancellations closer to the date. I got a Smith cancellation easy this year 2 weeks before putin. She said that lots of the out of staters weren't coming. Idaho's quarantine might be a factor then too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts