Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to plan a trip to go boating with some buddies in Oregon. I understand that it is hit and miss with the rain but are there months that have the highest average rainfall? By the numbers folks, I realize that there is no guarantee here. Thanks.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm trying to plan a trip to go boating with some buddies in Oregon. I understand that it is hit and miss with the rain but are there months that have the highest average rainfall? By the numbers folks, I realize that there is no guarantee here. Thanks.
October-June can be rainy.july-sept can be sunny. Hope this helps.

·
Banned
258 Posts
Depends on what kind of boating you want to do. Technical day runs you have to hit a couple days after the weather. Multi day boating is around in certain places all year round.
Most of the day runs down here are advanced technical runs not so relaxing but there are a few that are a great blend of challenge and kick back on the same run

·
Registered
124 Posts
Spring time can be a hit or miss on the river levels, but with melting snow they don't drop as fast. You should try to hit one of the whitewater festivals. The Clack Fest is in May and is a blast no matter what kind of boating you're doing. April has the creeking competition on the East Fork of the Lewis. Most of the spring months has something happening.

·
Misspellingintothefuture!
1,901 Posts
Extended family of mine likes to run the rogue in October, say they usually have preaty decent run off from rain, and not overly busy that time of year. Haven't been up there yet to run it myself though, expensive drive from co. Hopefully some day soon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts