Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some beta on what the quickest drive is to Grape Creek from the Littleton area. 285? Or down 25 through CO Springs?

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Wish I could head down with you Brian. I've always wanted to hit that. Looks like it should be good. Can't this weekend though.

I thought it was near the end of the Royal Gorge so 25 should be the way to go but confirm with someone whose been there.

Have fun.

·
Super Moderator
2,841 Posts
25 to 115 out of CO spgs to 50.

I reccomend taking out at the Temple canyon camping area in the middle.

Longer shuttle, but the bottom is all flat except one 3+ boulder garden and some barbed wire.

D

·
Registered
148 Posts
More Grape ?'s

So...that grape gage is above the res, right? Does anyone have a visual on whether it's full and this is all coming down the creek? Lotta drivin' to get skunked.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone else heading down that way? If so, give me a call. 720.394.5379. Brian

·
Registered
136 Posts
So...that grape gage is above the res, right? Does anyone have a visual on whether it's full and this is all coming down the creek? Lotta drivin' to get skunked.

I looked at grape down low by the eco park yesterday at about 6:00 and its boatable, if it has been comming up it will be decent.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The gauge shows around 225 and a south bound direction. Any thoughts on this level? I read a couple posts back that 150 is the cut off ...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I've never talked to someone who enjoyed that creek. Bear is 250 right now. Give us a trip report if you go.

·
Registered
173 Posts
We paddled Grape Creek today. Definitely a fun run, worth the drive from Denver. Could have used another 100 cfs but was good to go.

Keep a heads up for river wide barded wire fences. The first is located approximately 1/2 mile from the put-in. The second is located about 1/2 mile before the Temple Canyon bridge.

Dave's recommendation of taking out at temple canyon is a good call.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts