Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
sweet rant

Reading Daniel Brasuell's website. That guys sounds like a tool. His rant on CCK was right on par with dealing with Easley over the past season. He just doesn't get it... It's not always the shops fault stuff get's lost in the pipeline. His deal wasn't so sweet after all.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey, so this is the "tool" Daniel. To each their own opinion, and I state that the review of CCK is just that, my opinion. I was directly lied to and mislead by CCK, and handed from person to person through the company. In my mind I can not recommend them to any of my friends. If you dont agree with this assertion, cool, I honestly hope your experience with them is better than mine. But I am still allowed my opinion and allowed to share it.

As far as Caliproduct.com, they do have a sick site, great class V and V+ stuff on their site. AWetState.com is aimed more at the class IV paddler with only a few class V runs write ups on it. For other nice sites check out my links page for other class V websites and of course California creeks which has more run write ups than mine.

But I hope besides not liking my "rant" about CCK, that perhaps you will find the website interesting.

Thanks for the feedback.

Daniel

·
Registered
820 Posts
I think its a great website. Its hard to get beta on alot of Class IV in Cali and the site has some great info, photos and videos. Also, I hardly think it makes him a "tool" to write something about a bad experience at a kayak shop. It sounds like he got jerked around some by these people, and if he wants to write about it, its his website so he can do what he wants.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Called out

Ya, check out what I said in the Gear Section.

I just made a comment about how weak your grasp of retail sales was, that's it. If Poll Smoker keeps jumping in, we'll send'em back to the Boat. Selling ad space. Now that's a lonely job.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Please do. I'd like to know who you are. (see other posts)

What other posts it's all about pushing Paddler now it's something else.

Who are you?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Who are you buddy? Cool it with the negativity: http://www.mountainbuzz.com/viewtopic.php?t=11662&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Nobody cares if you spout your opinion. In fact it's welcome. But when you get angry, that gets old. You're word definitely aint the final say so when you attack as you did in the above post and the one I linked to, no one appreciates it. RHM can say whatever he wants. So what if you've never seen his posts before...........Relax and have fun. We're all on the same team here.........

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sure is easy to get pissed off about stupid shit,i was ready to tear some dudes head off over some nonsense a few months back,guess we need to remember wer'e all just bored kayakers spoutin'off our oppinions.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yea, little things can get blown out of proportion on these forums.

As for Don, he's a good guy with a few hangups, like the rest of us. He works for a retail shop, which is a tough business to be in. He works hard, he has pride in his work, and he's sensitive to criticism of any retail shop. Perhaps a bit too senstitive since he knows many of his customers personally. Let it slide, both of you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Having started paddling in Durango with access to great shops like 4 corners and then moving to Missoula where I felt Board of Missoula was another top notch shop...not to leave out the other quality shops in those towns...I found it really disappointing to move to Sac and find that CCK was the best we had. Instead of visiting the shop to learn something and get good direction on dealing with a problem or checking out a PFD and being shown some neat feature you didn't know about (like used to happen at 4 corners, BOM, or a variety of other quality shops I've visited over the years) I instead find myself giving the untrained staff at CCK an inservice on whatever it happens to be I'm trying to find out more about. This hasn't always been the case surely Demany, Jeff and some others have run a much better operation but for some reason whenever someone qualified starts there they are eventually run off. Before you jump in to defen CCK make sure you've visited them and were first impressed by their knowledge and customer service before jumping on someone who tells it like it is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts