Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes we all know that the South Platte has a very good snow pack for this year. But has anyone seen what else has been going on the front range side of things? Look at what has happened to the snow pack of the Ark over the past few weeks!!!!!!!!!!

ftp://ftp-fc.sc.egov.usda.gov/CO/Snow/snow/watershed/daily/basinplotark07.gif

Oh ya! Who's excited? I know I sure am! The front range is going to be the place to be this year!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Oh yeah!!! Excitement is brewing. Its gonna be a good seaon for the front range and the ark valley. Nice to have some good snowpack in the back yard. South platte drainage is higher than it has been since 2003.

Wish the rest of the state would have got more too.

N

·
0 Posts
I think being happy that other people don't have water is a shitty thing.

Boating a variety of rivers and locations (if you have time and money to travel) makes Colorado great. You could quit your job and boat may thru the end of June and not hit close to all the river sections.

Let's be positive about the late snow we are getting.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have been watching the snowpack accumulate from across the country in VA and I am super stoked about the frontrange and ark status.

But, I don't see anyone in this thread getting excited about another region of the state not having snow? Looks to me like the posts above are stoked that there are some drainages that are near average, and bummed that other parts of the state are below. Just stating that the frontrange is the place to be doesn't have to be read in a derisive manner.

In any case, I am keeping my fingers crossed for some more big spring storms for everywhere in the state, north and south, west and east. over and out.

Alex

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you kidding me Hinds? Where the hell did you get the idea that I was glad that the rest of the state didn't have snow? I wish they did!!!!!!! More than anything I wish that we all had killer snow packs! There are so many things I want to run this year, and I probly wont be able to due to the lack of snow. Im sorry if it came off different than I intended. I was just happy that we have what we have.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I don't think being happy I will use half the gas I normally would in a season is being mean to others. Or being stoked that somewhere has water is a bad thing. sj

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys I felt kind of bad there for a second. Im glad you guys understand what I meant.

N

·
0 Posts
Took er the wrong way, my bad, I'm pretty shitty sometimes:) . Maybe I am sad that fish creek might only run for a few weeks this year. Up north looks pretty bad, we will be the ones coming down there all season and geting spanked on runs we really don't know well.

There is something about warming up in your back yard that helps the season go well. I like to stir the pot, so don't mind my grumpyness about our own shortcomings around my boating region. Sorry to be a debbie downer. Waaaaaa Waaaaaaa!

Probably be living in Boulder out of my van this summer down by the river. Does that mean I have to get a 303 sticker? Man I would rather move to Vernal, Utah!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vernal! Ouch that hurts Nick! I understand where the front range stereo type came from, but we all aren't like that! Why does everyone dog on us so much? Every where I go I catch shit. I was in Reno being made fun of for being from the front range. Now that is weird. But my favorite is when transplants make fun of me. Especialy those boys from Florida that live in the Grafield ,and Eagle counties, and think they are western slopers! That's comical.

·
Registered
59 Posts
ACC
I like your shot of Fodderstep (South Tye). I'd love to get it on the AW page for that creek. Drop me a line if that is cool with you.

Gordon

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hinds are you f----in kidding me Vernal????

Have you ever spent any time there??? I am required to go there for work a couple times a year and it kills me just to drive through there.

Ever try to grab a beer with dinner on a sunday night, yea right not going to happen. Hell even try to find something decent to eat there is a challenge.

My god you have me cringing as I sit here thinking about Vernal.

Come on down to the front range we can run some fun stuff and then have a slew of places to go drink after, plus you can hang out at the play parks in golden and boulder and watch all of college hotties tubing in bikini's:D

I love springtime....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Im with joneser (i think that could be a bumper sticker;) ) Ya cant say the Yampa drainage aint giving it up on the same day Smoke posts a shot of you hucking AC. Its like bitching about snow while your chokin on a freshies. Sweet shot, btw.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I have been out in the BC all over this area (ark area) and over the past 3 or so weeks we have been hit hard. Last Fri - Sun were some of the best day's I have ever had around here in the BC. I still have no idea where most of my paddling gear is. :D

IMO we are lookin at the best run off in at least the past 3 or so years.

I walked the new spots that Harvey has goin - they are looking good. The newest one has the wings about 30' above the feature -interesting.

Both of the others are almost done and it looks like with about 500 or so everything should kick. Word also has it that there should be 45K acr/ft of water commin through the tunnel. This water only runs down lake.

Yep it is lookin good for the summer on the ark. Not amazing mind you but still lookin good!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts