Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the cooler weather and moisture, do you think it has delayed peak flows? Surely, the Poudre and Arkansas have not peaked!?? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
331 Posts
It's come and gone, how'd ya like it? Hopefully you got on the river before now. On the 9th of June, the Royal Gorge hit 2500 cfs. Today (28th of June) it is about 900 cfs. A few cold rainy days can't be blamed for a 1600 cfs drop in flow. As much as I'd like to see higher flows, low water does serve a purpose. With the lower flows on the Colorado River, Powell Reservoir will be gone sooner than later. Rejoice the drought!!!! Not many people had seen some of the side canyons in Glen Canyon before it was flooded. Now, with the 100 foot drop in reservoir level, many of these are being rediscovered.
Everybody do a drought dance! :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Done homeys...start praying for snow this winter. The Ark is set to drop even more unless we keep up with this rain. There is not enough water for the normal augmentation program so they are looking at releasing a set ammount of water every day (i.e. 150cfs or something) instead of hitting the target flow of 700 cfs in Wellesville like a normal year. So its anybodys guess what we will have in July. Thats ok though because the playholes on the Ark are good down to 450cfs so we can at least huck some ends all summer.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If anyone wants to drive 10 hrs, the NF Payette is totally giong off. 1700 out of the dam today and set to be bumped up to 2200 for the rest of the summer. We will paddle this river into October. Gotta love 75 degree class V whitewater. There is some good play in the area also. Give me a shout if your coming this way. We'll git er done!

·
Super Moderator
4,035 Posts
I'm tuning up my Mt. bike and looking forward to the occasional Westwater trip...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts