Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
i think this was peak. I also think we will hover around this weeks levels for a while, sort of an extended peak, then have a longer than usual high water period. 3 days of incliment weather comming this week, freezing in the high contry at night will slow current runoff. Continued hot weatherover the next 10 days will keep the slowing of runoff in check; = longish period hovering around this weeks levels. The Ark may just nose just above this peak, colorado just below. So say'th me.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I doubt it, every drainage is different though.. and the cold weather and snow the last coupl days should have slowed it down a little. Boulder creek definately hasn't peaked yet.. is it even close to overflowing the dam yet?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
My guess is that the Animas peaked May 21 @ 6190 and had a second peaklet on June 3 @ 5850. Bet it tapers off with minor spikes from here on out...

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is really elementary speculation on my behalf but I flew over to vegas on monday and it appeared to me that virtually every drainage in the state still has a grip of snow sitting in it and that all of the upper reaches are still locked up with the somewhat mild weather that we have had so far.

All that being said I know every drainage is different and I am not that smart so who knows, but here is hoping that it had only just begun!

·
Super Moderator
2,849 Posts
I think most if not all lower elevation snow is gone. I think peak is past for many runs, but stuff that is reliant mainly on higher snow will peak again. Clear Ck and Boulder Ck in particular should get significantly higher with sustained mountain highs, while stuff like the CO has likely peaked, but will still run way above average for quite a while.

·
Registered
165 Posts
No.

With all the snow up high, see independence and others, it will come when we have predicted highs of 80+ at 8500 ft, if it is in the next 2-3 weeks.

My guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts