Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've looked at this drop several times thinking the same thing. I don't think it'll go though because of the rocks in the landing. And from what I've seen, the rest of Cherry Creek through Castlewood Canyon doesn't have enough gradient to be worthy. I could be wrong though. We'll see what it looks like in the spring.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I could see running it but the level would have to be a lot higher. In the case of higher water, it would still be sketch b/c the exit is blocked by rocks that you could defiently pin on. Is there a shot of this drop at spring flows?

Scott
Fort Collins
LL

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have seen it with enough water once,it would be strictly park and huck the falls.The creek above the falls is way narrow and full of willows not to mention low gradient.The landing zone is not the cleanest.There is probably an eddy at the base of the falls,but downstream is fast flat with no eddies and a slot that maybe impassable at flows high enough to run the falls.Its a great place to practice climbing or hike around.
You have to pay to get in if you don't have a State Parks pass,it's far from any other boating,so it may not be worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts