Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find out if there will be any problem taking my full length (non breakdown) paddle. I heard from a Continental rep that there is a BIG charge for paddles but have also heard otherwise from rumorville. If anyone has info please let me know. Matt

·
Registered
43 Posts
been there

matt,

going, i flew with 3 paddles in a padded cloth case. no problemo. coming back i had the paddles in a hardshell musical instrument case.....okay, don't ask.....and there were some questions but again, no worries.

dean

·
Registered
5 Posts
Although this doesn't help erdvm1, for anyone else going to Ecuador, American Airlines let me take 2 full length paddles in a paddle bag, checked on as oversized luggage with no extra cost. On another note, getting a kayak flown down there has apparently become nearly impossible. Continental and AA currently have "no kayak" policies, although I have heard of people getting lucky with the surfboard routine. Small World Adventures rents boats down there, and I heard of a couple of boats for sale in Tena.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. That helped a ton. I'm packing the wood in a ski bag and crossing my fingers. That picture of wileycoyote is making my stomach knot ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts