Mountain Buzz banner

Has anyone fabbed 'wings' for their river table?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Mopdog 
#1 ·
I'm toying with the idea of adding length to my Cambridge welding table with some wings the width of the table off of the ends. Something removable. Wondering if any one has done the same.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

#3 ·
I've got some ideas gonna mock something up. Imagining using aluminum possibly an aluminum fire pan lid from NRS. I've thought of cutting a hole large enough to set one of those cheap single burner Coleman stoves that screw on to the top of the little green bottles. (it would rest and be mostly countersunk) That way I'd have a separate burner for coffee.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

#5 ·
I haven't done it yet but I was going to steal this idea...

It's from this thread, post by Endomadness (thanks BTW): http://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f15/dry-box-or-kitchen-box-47097.html

There of course isn't enogh detail to see how they're attached, but I envison two little "L" brackets that slip into slots welded to the box or even into footman loops bolted to the box. The legs I see as roll-a-table legs on my project but lots of other options out there.

#7 ·
interesting dry box design...

Sorry to hijack but had to comment on Mopdogs dry box...is that your design? never seen a box that mounted by sliding on to the frame tubes...certainly isn't coming off in a flip and adds lateral structural integrity to the frame...albeit at the loss of internal volume...

cool...

LR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.