Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
East in a raft

Some buddies and I took a couple runs down the east in a raft a couple days ago. Super Fun and good to go just stay in the deep. Second run I was in a kayak and got run over by the raft in the last hole. Was pinned under the raft and ended up swimming and chasing my boat about a mile down. Other than that, all was well!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sick....sorry about the swim. have you ever heard of anyone running obj in the raft?

·
Registered
27 Posts
OBJ Raft

Yes, got pretty beat up and walked out. Give me a shout if you are thinking about doing it. I live in Crested Butte and I'd love to watch/safety boat.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, I'll be there this weekend. I'm thinking the hardest part will be the 15 foot boof below ankle braker. I can see how it would be easy to get smashed on the right side rocks. We will probably run the upper east first for a warm up on sat. morning. I know a few others will be there as well. I would like to fire up o.b. sat evening at a decent flow. How is the weather? Do you expect it to keep coming up?

sean

·
Registered
27 Posts
OBJ

Weather should be fine. Water will be at a great flow this weekend and I think if you go off the 15'er with a little left angle you would be fine. Might get caught up in the spout but shout make it through. I'd love to see it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Curious what kind of raft are you taking down?

A buddy tried to talk me into running OBJ in my stinger but I wussed out. I would love to hear how it goes.

Danny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts