Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Wow, that's a story. Jesse Combs with the intentional pencil-Spirit-with-a-twist to get behind the falls move - classic. He's taking the name of his boat a bit too literal.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That's the kind of story that makes all the people who whine about how pro-boaters suck just tuck their tails and run. I love it...How many guys out there are going to be A: Good enough and B: Willing to make a move like that, hand off his good paddle in exchange for a shitty break-down, and then follow some dude out who he doesn't know.....Not me...

Inspirational story and a great reflection of why I love being a part of the boating community!

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
ha ha yeah i read that a couple of days ago, i like the line, "and now I'll tell you how i met jesse coombs..."

good story, glad everyone made it out ok

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sweet, I can now claim that I was "working on the rescue line" when I get stuffed back there.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
1) Reiterated: Strangers helping complete strangers without a second thought. Even going into a meatgrinder to get someone else's boat.
2) Makes me feel really foolish when I get scared of something on a Class IV line.

·
Registered
400 Posts
1) Reiterated: Strangers helping complete strangers without a second thought. Even going into a meatgrinder to get someone else's boat.
2) Makes me feel really foolish when I get scared of something on a Class IV line.

Great write up. I've met Jesse during the few times he's been in FC for vid premieres and shortly before or after on the river. I'm not surprised at all he didn't think twice. Definitely an iconic professional in this sport.

And yeah....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts