Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a BigEZ. Should I outfit the thing with foam, or try EJ's Happy Feet Footbag? Who all has used the footbag?

·
Registered
774 Posts
I thought the footbag was great. You can probably borrow one from a kayak shop and see how you like it before you buy one, but it is worth it to try it out.

Nathan

·
Registered
911 Posts
Jeffro, you are more than welcome to give me a holler. I have several that I can let you borrow for a day or two.

Truth is that they are crazy comfy and I think you will love them.. They do take some adjusting/messing with... in order to really get them fit just right. I guess an easier way to say it is that since they are basically form fitted to YOUR feet... it takes a bit to get them there first.

303-517-2621

Craw

·
Registered
189 Posts
I got the larger of the 2 sizes for my EZ. Maybe should have gotten the smaller one, but it is a definite improvement over the foam blocks in my boat. I pulled out the plastic piece behind the foam blocks and it was easy to thread the footbag in and it's way more comfortable because you can mush it around to fit how you like and being able to just pump it up when you want to lock in is excellent.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yea, the foot pads are sweet. But, two things:

Most people don't know how to use them: there are actually two bags. The idea is you mold the beans to how you want them and then suck the air out to "freeze" the shape. You control how far forward/back the bean bag is with the second bag, which is the one the hand pump is connected to.

I've also seen that the beans in the bag get smooched after a few months. You'll have to readjust.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I bought one for my EZ. Got thrashed in that freestyle hole at Rock Island during vacation. After the fisherman fished my boat out for me I found that the squeeze bulb came off. Does anyone know where I can purchase anouther?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Jackson

The pump bulbs have been an issue with both the Jackson Footbags and the Dagger Seat Outfitting. We've seen a few of our Jackson boats come back in none working order. Usally it's when someone unscrews the release valve and it falls off, but we have seen the entire bulb come off. All of the Dagger pump bulbs have fallen out of our Demo boats. We have already replaced them all at least once this season. The pump bulbs tend to fail after a short usage time 6-12 months, most have failed to stay together during demo usage this season. Think foam for something long term.

You should be able to call Tanya at Jackson Kayak. Give her the serial number off your boat and it should be covered under warrenty. If you have bought the Happy Footbag on it's own you might be SOL. But, call Tanya first. Be prepaired for them to say-"we've never heard of such a thing" - "this is a first". Dagger pulls the same crap all the time. I think it's a corporate thing that if your denie hearing the complaints enough- the complaints will just go away- and you still won't have to fix anything.

I told Eric and Marty that there would be issues with the pump bulbs before they ever put them into production. But, they did it anyway.

Two more things they'll have problems with before long. Foam beads compressing and holes in the bags. Both are really common with general usage. Ever get a hole in a float bag? Were you standing on it all day? Build bags out of the same stuff- get the same problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts