Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've paddled a Salto for the last 3 years and it finally broke after yet another unsuccessful boof at Tunnel. What do ya'll think bout the Gus and the M3. Been hearing the Gus is a good boat, but at a 175 lbs it might be too big for my "Barbie hips". The M3 looks fun, but how's the plastic.

Keep er' real
Keont

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I really like my M3. I weigh 170, but I still paddle the larger version because I like the extra volume. It's more of an edgy boat, and it holds a line beautifully. I didn't have a long enough season to comment on the strength of the plastic, but it seemed fine.

I have a friend that equally vouches for the Gus (he's on his second). To be honest they are pretty similair boats in the way that they paddle.

·
Registered
846 Posts
what up kent?

hey Kent, you are definitely not too light for the gus. You would simply need to add a few spacers before the hip pads. It is a sweet boat, and I paddled the m3 a lot this season as well. I think that they do both hold a line but the gus has the advantage of not being pushed offline by wierd currents, like I found the m3 to be susceptible to, with its blunt but edgy bow. Plus, the gus just looks cool. Heard ya'll have been seeing some snow in them thar hills of late. Here's to a big winter! Cheers,

Alex

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Buddy - ran a swweet line on Supermax the other day. Look ma, no swims!!! Hey man, what are you doing out there? Shouldn't you be studying contracts, torts and southern women? Thanks for the info. I put a ram cap on the Salto, so we'll see how long it lasts. Suddenly, I've found my boating skills again.

cheers
Kent

1 - 5 of 5 Posts