Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Buzzards, I'm trying to see if it's feasible to hitch a shuttle on gunny gorge. Is it something that's likely to work on a Sunday afternoon? Or should I pony up th $75 to gut a commercial guy to shuttle us.... for that matter, is anyone headed out that way this weekend?

Whaddaya think?

Thanks

Alex

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Buzzards, I'm trying to see if it's feasible to hitch a shuttle on gunny gorge. Is it something that's likely to work on a Sunday afternoon? Or should I pony up th $75 to gut a commercial guy to shuttle us.... for that matter, is anyone headed out that way this weekend?

Whaddaya think?

Thanks

Alex
It would be really hard to hitch that road. The best thing to do would be just take two cars. You will need cars that have some clearance.

·
Registered
247 Posts
price of gas for 2 cars would be more than the shuttle fee.

I wouldn't suggest hitching that road either.

·
Registered
137 Posts
yeah, agree... hitching has allot of potential for suck there. the shuttle is long and painful and requires two 4wd trucks. just pay and enjoy all the extra time on the river. fyi...the $75 version shuttle still requires you to bring a 4wd vehicle. if you lack 4wd then the shuttle is $175.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Unless you run into other boaters that are heading back you are almost certainly out of luck. You would probably need to link together 2-3 different hitched rides to get close, and then you would probably have to hike 7ish miles to the put-in.

We set our own shuttle last season and happened to have an extra spot that we gladly gave to another paddler. As it turned out he had guided for the same company that I did in Alaska and we had a bunch of mutual friends - gotta love how the river works that way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmm....

Alright I'm convinced - sounds like it will be money well spent. Thanks for the feedback. I've talked to the folks @ Pleasure Park (troutfisherman.net) who gave me a quote of $75 if you come and pick up your shuttle driver and bring them with you to the putin - and they didn't mention 4wd vehicle so I think it sounds like they may have the right price. So I think I'm set. Gratzi!

Happy Solstice y'all. We'll see you out there.

AlexT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts