Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hearing whispers that there will be more work to one the features at the Gunny Waterpark next year. Anyone know the future plans for the park?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They cleaned the rocks out below the features a few years back. Is that what you mean?
Naw bud, they built a whole NEW feature last year. I heard whispers that they may fix the remaining two, but only whispers.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sure as hell wish they'd do something with Psychedelic Falls (or whatever the kids these days are calling that dangerous crusher-debris below the park).

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
The top drop was changed either last winter or this winter, just some reshaping but minor, that should be relatively unchanged. They did a little work to the middle drop but the last drop has had the work, they've built an island in the middle and created an easier boat chute on river right. curious to see how it behaves this year

·
Registered
141 Posts
I know this is an old thread but planning a trip with my old man the weekend after July 4th. How tough will it be to safely get through the white water park at historic flows that time of year?

I have a 14' Hyside with rowing frame and pretty much only row for fishing, so not a ton of white water experience. Mainly Upper Co, Green, N. Platte. Thanks

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
The whitewater park shouldn't be anything more than punch through or skirt at most levels(<~2500 cfs), just paddle hard. the bigger drop to worry about is Psychadelic Falls a couple hundred yards downstream (if you float all the way to McCabes Lane), its a bigger drop with a few distinct steps. not that bad but need to be on your toes.

The Taylor is fun but be aware it is a much smaller river than the Colorado or Green, and is much more technical. Even on the Lower Taylor requires lots of heads up awareness and manuevering, oftentimes through only one available line. There are countless sleepers and while they wont cause problems, they can quickly get annoying. Hopefully the good snow levels in the headwaters will give you guys better water levels so you dont have to work much. It can also go quick too, take time and hang out in the eddys to extend time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts