Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
American Whitewater (AW), the nation’s leading advocate for the conservation of whitewater rivers, will be hosting public meetings for river boaters in Gunnison on May 21 and in Crested Butte on May 23.

These ‘regional paddlers dialogues’ are a part of AW’s efforts to define and protect recreational flow needs throughout the seven-state Colorado River Basin, which includes many stream segments throughout the Gunnison Basin like Oh-Be-Joyful, the Taylor River, the Gunnison Whitewater Park and the Gunnison Gorge. At the meeting, AW’s new Gunnison Program staff member will explain how paddlers can participate in defining acceptable flow ranges, and gather feedback on other river-related opportunities and issues.

"AW does great local, regional and national work. This is a chance for paddlers to have their voices become part of longer term management and policy efforts related to safeguarding in-stream flows and our recreation-dependent economies" said Molly Mugglestone, a Gunnison resident, former WSCU professor and co-director for the Protect the Flows Campaign.

Both meetings will begin at 6pm. Gunnison’s meeting will be held at the Fairgrounds & Multi-Purpose Building (275 S. Spruce) and the Crested Butte meeting will be held at CB Town Hall. Questions can be directed to AW’s Gunnison Basin staff member Chris Menges at [email protected]

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reminder - Gunnison Meeting tonight

Hello Gunnison Paddlers,

I just wanted to remind you that AW will be hosting a local boaters dialogue tonight (May 21) at 6pm at the Fred Field Multipurpose Building (Gunnison Fairgrounds, 275 S. Spruce).

We need your participation to be effective in protecting paddler interests throughout the Gunnison Basin, so I hope you can join us. As well, please try to bring other paddling friends.

Additional information on tonight event is available here.

Thank you, and I hope to see you this evening.

Chris Menges

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reminder: CB Boaters Meeting tonight, May 23. See above post for details. Basically, 6pm Town Hall. Hope to see you all there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts