Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
excuse the shameless plug. I know this isn't boating per se, but I just got in on the kickstarter for the growlerwerks growler. Some crazy kayaker friends quit their jobs (when their company shut down) and decided to do something with their beer appreciation skills.

they are making a 64 and 128oz growler that is co2 pressurized, double wall stainless, has sight glass and locking tap handle. Figured that would be a great option for a long weekend trip where I want to bring some of my local microbrew or some beer out of my tap.

anybody ever do something similar to get fresh suds on the rio? Most kegs are too long or large or too much beer for an small group overnight trip ...

·
Registered
429 Posts
I think the Growlerwerks are a really cool concept for home use. They seem a little too complicated and potentially fragile for on river use. I usually bring a couple of freshly filled Hydroflask growlers on river trips and the beer gets consumed so quickly after it's opened that there is no need to worry about keeping it fresh with CO2. At home with just me savoring it over a period of a few days, I think the Growlerwerks idea is brilliant.

As a side benefit, the insulated Hydroflask growlers are great for making morning coffee into with a #6 cone filter after the beer in them is gone. Keeps any of the morning coffee leftovers plenty hot for afternoon pick me up too.

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts