Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to gauge interest here.

I have a working relationship with a local sheet metal fabricator (aerospace and industrial scale/quality) and I also want new dry boxes.

The price for such a project is prohibitive at a small scale but if I up it to a dozen pieces or so and leave the finishing (latches, handles, hinges, gasket) to the end user, the project becomes very doable.

So for those of you who are handy and DIY inclined...

The great part is that I can do all
The CAD for whatever dimensions folks want and it won’t incur extra costs from
fabricator to do different sizes. I will upload design and material specs if this gains enough traction.

The fabricator would do all the laser cutting, CNC bending, and welding.

Let me know if you are interested.

Disclaimer: This is not a business venture for me and don’t stand to make any money here. Just want custom gear at production price.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts

I have a working relationship with a local sheet metal fabricator (aerospace and industrial scale/quality) and I also want new dry boxes.

The price for such a project is prohibitive at a small scale but if I up it to a dozen pieces or so and leave the finishing (latches, handles, hinges, gasket) to the end user, the project becomes very doable.

fabricator to do different sizes. I will upload design and material specs if this gains enough traction.

Disclaimer: This is not a business venture for me and don’t stand to make any money here. Just want custom gear at production price.
Depends on the end design. Will it be similar to the quality dry boxes with similar compression gaskets or simple household insulation foam waterproofing?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Interested. I'm in Denver, but travel up to Salmon often, and can easily do that via SLC. Would love to learn more on specs/costs.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Depends on the end design. Will it be similar to the DRE dry boxes with similar compression gaskets or simple household insulation foam waterproofing?
J bend lip on box and lid.

Silicone foam or Hypalon/EPDM foam compression gasket.

·
Definite maybe
778 Posts
Interested, we have plenty of family in slc and surrounding area. Everyone is going to hit you with a custom dimension. Is that going to be ok with the fabricator?

·
Registered
Maravia Zephyr (Lime) Aire River Couch (Also Lime)
29 Posts

I’m interested, like to see and hear more details. I’m in Montana but my company has an office in SLC so shipping shouldn’t be an issue.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts