Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone built a groover box using 40mm ammo cans?
They are a bit shorter and narrower (18.5x10x6) than the conventional 20mm ammo cans ( 18.5x14x8 ). I'd like to design a seat and riser for these smaller boxes as they will work better in my frame.

Is this box size compatible with the SCAT machine?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
347 Posts
No guarantee, but this size should work in a SCAT machine. I had a friend do a 50cal ammo can in a SCAT machine after a kayak trip. As always bring some rubber gloves, lol.

Take photos once you build your groover.. I am very interested, as I plan on some small group trips and a trip with just my wife, and full size 20mm rocket box is overkill and takes up to much space in my little boat.

My only downside is I already have a 20mm dedicated as a groover. I'd only switch to a smaller poop box setup for cheap.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a bunch of 40's for my 14 footer. How many terds can you hold in there. I'd love to find out if there is a formula for space the park service uses. I can get away with a few days on a small trip!
Thanks

·
Registered
410 Posts
Park Service in the Grand and other agencies elsewhere use/have used 50 user days for a 20mm (rocket box) as a guide. You can do the math and figure out cubic inches alloted per use... in my experience, that's a fair estimate, YMMV. If your group is 200+ pounders and you're eating meat and potatoes every day...

·
Misspellingintothefuture!
1,901 Posts
What are you thinking for a holding tank? Or just planning to use the ammo can strait up?
Would be nice to come up with a smaller groover for the small boat trips.

·
Registered
323 Posts
can anyone tell me what the threads are for the cleanout cap? i am wanting to make a smaller groover for overnight trips/ small groups. i thought it would be something common for an rv or such, but it is not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts