Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use the ECO-Safe tanks inside a rocket box.

I recently couldn't find any blue goo at the local trailer supply. Desperate and out of time I bought some ECO-Packs for holding tanks with enzyme deodorizer. They worked amazing for the smell, but.... the tanks would pressurize in one day. I usually burp all the full tanks every other day. The 3/4 full tank closed for only 1 night 2 days blew the lid off the rocket box when i went to burp it (the ecosafe tanks have a purge valve in the lid, this must have released and pressurized the rocket box). I am assuming this is from the enzymatic reaction off gassing during the break down process. Has anyone else had this problem or have any tips to eliminate this? I really liked how the packs killed the smell and the enzyme liquefied all the solids really well for pumping and cleaning.

I have used blue goo, bleach, poo powder, and the poo repAIR deodorizer, all are ok but some are expensive and still not that great.

What do you all use as the magic groover elixir? (yeah yeah i know the groover is always going to stink some)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Start with a cup or two of pinesol (i switched to lemon scent)1 cup of 50/50 laundry detergent and baking soda, at pack up each day.

·
Never enough free time
341 Posts
Clorox 2 bleach crystals. I left one in the sun for a couple of weeks ... ... ... and it didn't really build any pressure and the smell was completely tolerable.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Selway Fab's poo powder mixed with bleach crystals. Sprinkle some on the top when capping for the day. Remember, ultimately you are dealing with human shit made of cheap beer and river food that peoples' tummies might not be used to digesting and rogue pee'ers that don't always go in the river. There's going to be some smells. I find my combo at least manages it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the ideas. I guess I will just avoid the enzymes for now. Don't want to have a extra active one blow the lid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts