Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody had experience good/bad with shipping a kayak using Greyhound? It sounds like a pretty nice option.

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
doesn't need a fake name
481 Posts
I've used both. I found that getting to an airport was more of a hassle than I expected, but it still wasn't that bad. Unless you live really far from an airport, let the price decide.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Anybody had experience good/bad with shipping a kayak using Greyhound? It sounds like a pretty nice option.
I shipped gray hound twice from idaho to the east coast both times. Gray hound has a lenght limit so short playboats are the only kayaks that go grayhound. Both times grayhound shipped way faster than they quoted me. I think it took 3 days to go from Idaho to Tenn. Not bad.. Its been two years but at the time gray was a fraction of the price (shipped a skip 4 $35) but that was two years ago..

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've had a boat shipped to me via Greyhound. Seattle to Ashland Or. Inexpensive, fast and great service. But like the other poster said they have a length limit so a playboat is all that they'll take.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old post, but I want to have a kayak shipped to me from Columbia, SC to Atlanta, GA. Greyhound quoted me at $59 & a 5 hour delivery. I was wondering if you have to have a box for the kayak or if they can just slap a shipping sticker on the bottom of it & ship it is as? And if you need a box, where on Earth would you find a 82"x25"x?" box? Thanks in advance for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts