Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I grew up with a river rat as a dad, and then dated another river rat in my 20s. But then I took a break. So 20 years later, with a family of my own, I want to raise my kids to be lovers of the river life. Looking to find a multi-day family raft to expose my husband and two preschoolers to river life. Not looking for anything Grand Canyon worthy. We just want to float and get back to the best to nature (and I promise we'll leave our straws and disposable plastic at home). 59456801_10217444725207569_8314447001563430912_o.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Welcome to Mountainbuzz.

I'm not seeing a direct question. Are you after an outfitter suggestion or a river recommendation?

Maybe mention what part of the country you live in.

Sounds like you probably don't have any gear?

Raising my kid son the river was a great experience; now he paddles circles around me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops. I thought I was posting in the Introductions thread. Newbie mistake. Sorry!

By the way, I’m in western Colorado near the confluence of the Colorado and Roaring Fork.

·
Super Moderator
4,034 Posts
srgordon,

Are you asking for a recommendation to buy a boat or are you looking for someone to get out on the water with? A great way to start off would be to get a paddle boat which would be big enough for the family to go on day trips and test the waters with. It could also be rolled for storage and wouldn't require much of a commitment in time & $$. Then you could get a frame and oars for the setup should you decide to get into it more.

However it'd be easier for us to help you if we knew what your goal is.

Welcome to the Buzz!

-AH

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Andy. Thanks! I thought I was just posting an introduction, sorry about the confusion, but while we're here, I am looking to buy gear. Either a full set-up for about $4500, or a raft, frame and oars for less than $3000.

·
Super Moderator
4,034 Posts
Great to know! Check out the Classifieds and you may find what you're looking for. Don't forget to keep checking back, and remember that the end of the season will usually have lots of deals. In the meantime, there are folks that will rent raft setups and you don't need permits except for a couple of places in the state.

Also, check THIS THREAD for family boating, and feel free to ask questions about boats and gear!

-AH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts