Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this email today...an additional 2400 cfs? We are launching lodore 7/2. Should we be excited or concerned ?

Please see the below notice received this morning from Flaming Gorge's hydraulic engineer. As I'm sure you're aware, it may be a good idea to exercise extra precaution while on and around the river throughout the Green River corridor due to the possibility of a sudden extreme increase in water flow as noted below.

"Flaming Gorge is currently releasing a daily average of 1,700 cfs, with peak releases of 2,350 cfs occurring during the evening hours. There is the potential for a power system emergency occurring in California this week.
Everything is being done to alleviate the need for additional power. However, the potential exists that additional power from Flaming Gorge may be needed on an emergency basis.
Releases from Flaming Gorge Dam may instantaneously increase up to an ADDITIONAL 2,400 cfs this week in order to respond to an emergency. Please be advised and aware of the potential for increased releases and implement the necessary safety precautions."

Thank you and please contact me with any questions,

Phone: 970.374.2468
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 970.374.3050

Sent from my way cooler than yours smart phone using Mountain Buzz

·
The Russian
1,389 Posts
Thanks for posting that, I am doing A&B July 6-8th, 2400 cfs in that area is quite a big change.

Lodore will be around 4-5k if they release an additional 2400 cfs, it's a very fun level to run and actually becomes easier than lower water because a lot of rocks will be covered and runs become more obvious.

Just make sure you tie the boats good at night.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Let's hope so! Launch July 5.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts