Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I Was on the BLM page today and there was a "important message, click here to read" link from last year regarding fluctuation of river levels due to snowpack concerns and how it may change campsites and stuff, etc...

So it got me to thinkin, we're planning to float the spillway down to the "c section" and I didn't think about the fact that they were pouring out 8800+ cfs last year and how it may have affected the campsites.

Anyone have knowledge of campsite conditions after the "run-off" of last year? Are there any to avoid?

Thanks,
-scott

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I'm not sure if the high water changed camps all that much, but you can check with the folks at Trout Creek Fly shop in Dutch John. They should have that info for you. The big problem last year was that people didn't heed the warnings from the ramp rangers about the water level fluctuations, and woke up to find all their stuff floating around.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I also floated it in August, things were looking good as far as the camps were, and yes there were a couple of sections of walkway missing.
Anyone wanting to hit any sections below the dam for early season warm ups?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts