Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
Most of you have noticed that over the past two days we have been increasing releases from Green Mountain Reservoir to the Lower Blue. We have been doing so because of increased inflows due to recent rain. We bumped up again today. Currently, we are releasing about 650 cfs from the dam to the Lower Blue.

I am not certain how long we will be releasing at this rate. I will try to get a post out tomorrow for the weekend.

Best,
Kara

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MOre on Lower Blue

Hi all,
The rain continued yesterday afternoon and evening, sounds like. As a result, we bumped up releases again this morning.

We are now releasing 800 cfs down the Lower Blue.

Best,
Kara

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All,
The rain runoff subsided today. This afternoon around 2:30, we scaled back by about 120 cfs. That dropped the Lower Blue to around 680 cfs.

More decreases in release rates are expected for the weekend. So, for those who have been asking, I'm thinking a morning change Saturday is possible as are other decreases after that.

Please be sure to keep an eye on the gage before you head up that way.

Best,
Kara

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is there some way we can nominate Kara for an award, grant or some kind of cookie for this outstanding service, Who needs Eddyflower when you get release updates like this. Thanks, Great Job

·
Registered
260 Posts
Is there some way we can nominate Kara for an award, grant or some kind of cookie for this outstanding service, Who needs Eddyflower when you get release updates like this. Thanks, Great Job
You can start by always referring to her as "River Goddess Kara" and praising her daily in your Morning Praise Time, such as...

"O River Goddess Kara, I am humble before your wondrous, magical and downright mystical online presence and enlightening release updates, O River Goddess Kara, O River Goddess Kara, O River Goddess Kara."

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!

Speaking for all of us at Liquid Descent in Kremmling, we REALLY appreciate the beta. We have trips booked for the next few days and thought we would have to cancel.

Thank you,

-Reid

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for the info Kara...is it a safe bet that the LB will be above 600 on Monday, or is it too early to tell?

Thanks again,

Bill

·
Tim Kennedy
119 Posts
Gore Canyon

I think Reid was talking about a different stretch of river than the Lower Blue. Liquid Descents, as well as several other companies (Timberline Tours, AVA, Lakota, Up Tha Creek, etc.) run commercial trips on Gore Canyon.

For those of you who are unaware of it, the majority of the water in Gore Canyon on the Colorado River during the late summer season comes from Green Mountain Res. on the Blue. Gore is downstream of the Lower Blue. Water flows downstream. If any of this seems confusing, look at a map.

Most of the companies prefer not run commercial trips on Gore Canyon above 1300 cfs. If there is a lot of water coming from Green Mountain, and Gore is above 1300 cfs, commercial trips might have to be cancelled.

Sorry to put a damper on the potential flame war.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts