Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I dig the whole squirt boat thing; but whats the point? "ooh I can goez underz thez waterz! tillz Iz getz couahgtz inz tehz hydraulicz and diez"

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I dig the whole squirt boat thing; but whats the point? "ooh I can goez underz thez waterz! tillz Iz getz couahgtz inz tehz hydraulicz and diez"
You aren't allowed to say that until you have tried it, honestly. Its a very cool feeling having your entire boat sucked down under the water. Anyways, you could say that about anything to do with kayaking. "oooh, surfing a wave.....ooooh, dodging a rock and throwing yourself over a 30 foot waterfall.....etc." ;)

JH

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Oregon video is a quality piece of work. It defines the underwater world very well.
Their is an excellent spot very near the same level here in Arkansas. It's at Rockport, on the Ouachita River. Park and play all day as long if their is a release from Remmal Dam. Twenty second plus potential for those in the smallest boats. I would post a vid but the gf's shakey hands during taping would give a normal man motion sickness! Ha ha
This is at a river wide rock outcrop which also forms several good playspots for the surface boaters. A Youtube search "Ledge Control" will net a few moments of play at Tiger Jaw on far river right. related vids should link to a few more Rockport vids.
Spin hole, located just river left of an enormous rock in the river allows for hand 360's at most any level.
Suck hole, just left of center of the river is just what it's namesake suggests. If you enter this little pourover, you will soon realize why it's so aptly named. It it a rather vicious blast spot for those not intimidated by its behavior.
Mr. Frothy, just another forty feet over to the left is without a doubt the most popular rodeo play hydrolic for some friendly surface play.
And the fun doesn't stop there. This is the only summertime park and play of such magnitude anywhere in this region. It draws paddlers from St. Liois to Fort worth. And is becoming a sumertime destination for many in Tennessee and Oklahoma as well.
The ArkansasCanoeClub.com - Home is working with the city of Malvern in designing a world class whitwater park and development of a rodeo specific hole which can be played whether the water is on or at the minimum of 270cfs. It will be roughly a quarter mile downstream of the natural ledge which is known as Rockport.
This rather small city is growing rapidly, and all aminities can be had within just a moments drive.
Hot Springs is twenty minutes from here and has been a most popular travel destination for many around the country. Their are several active quartz mines here which allow you to mine your own for a small day fee.
Just thought I'd share over my morning bowl of weedezz.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts