Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Be Like Water
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Boaters,

I just wanted to post that I had a fantastic experience with the customer service of Canyon Coolers! Adam at Canyon Coolers was quick in his response and resolved the issue immediately. I'm also impressed with their new line of coolers. I have nothing but good to say about their coolers and how they stand by their product!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I don't own one but was wondering what their "new line up" was that you mentioned - so I checked out their site and found this: Prospector 100+. Finally someone building a cooler designed to hang and be accessible from a frame. Obviously they've been paying attention.

Awesome!

·
Registered
688 Posts
I don't own one but was wondering what their "new line up" was that you mentioned - so I checked out their site and found this: Prospector 100+. Finally someone building a cooler designed to hang and be accessible from a frame. Obviously they've been paying attention.

Awesome!
Damn! Bought our cooler too soon. We have a 125qt Canyon. It is a sweet cooler, but it is tall. With the 1" pad on it, the 10" NRS towers are a little short for me when rowing. This would be about perfect. I wonder what the price point will be on this.

·
Banned
258 Posts
I was emailed this concept a while back, looking forward to seeing one in person. Looks like it will work well for people who use movable cross bars and has some other cool features.Not sure why it is called the prospector though,really excellent looking for the rafting industry. Mining i am not sure, maybe so?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I think they list it @ $410. The only problem I see is that based on the listed lid thickness of 3" - the total height above the crossbars will be 6". That's tall if it's correct. I think that's basically the same height as a DRE flip seat so if your used to that it'll work fine, if not it'll make you change your set up. Or put it elsewhere...I sit on my dry box, so cooler height doesn't really matter. I sure wish they'd send me one to test though:razz:.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Hi Boaters,

I just wanted to post that I had a fantastic experience with the customer service of Canyon Coolers! Adam at Canyon Coolers was quick in his response and resolved the issue immediately. I'm also impressed with their new line of coolers. I have nothing but good to say about their coolers and how they stand by their product!
Would you be willing to be more speciffic? Details? Your post seems suspiciously vague, like it is an opportunity to plug a new cooler?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I think they list it @ $410. The only problem I see is that based on the listed lid thickness of 3" - the total height above the crossbars will be 6". That's tall if it's correct. I think that's basically the same height as a DRE flip seat so if your used to that it'll work fine, if not it'll make you change your set up. Or put it elsewhere...I sit on my dry box, so cooler height doesn't really matter. I sure wish they'd send me one to test though:razz:.
I think when they list the lid depth at 3" they are counting the inch or two that seats down into the cooler.. so that would not count towards the overall height.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I think when they list the lid depth at 3" they are counting the inch or two that seats down into the cooler.. so that would not count towards the overall height.
But if you look at their rendering the lid does not stick down... Hopefully you are correct, but running with the evidence at hand I'm guessing 5-6"

Love the front drain plug - even though I'm a diehard non-drainer it'll still make unloading easier.

·
Banned
258 Posts
One thing you may or might have not noticed is they implemented a concept I had been thinking about for a while to get the cooler lower. The bottom is arched and the cooler sits on the outside ends on flat ground. I have a couple molds drawn up this way,my cooler was only 16 wide to match a drybox size but that floor allows you to set it lower and also keeps the rocks from poking into the bottom of the cooler when you set it on the ground. Looks like they packed some good features for rafters in this one finally, hopefully the size plays out. Their coolers have always just been the wrong size to get in a boat frame ( too wide ,too high,too square)except for the sailor

Ob1coby ,who cares if the guy did plug a new cooler, would you rather not know about it? All this "special correct way" to find out about a product is just getting dumb.

·
Super Moderator
4,057 Posts
Would you be willing to be more speciffic? Details? Your post seems suspiciously vague, like it is an opportunity to plug a new cooler?
Jason doesn't need to pay someone to push his coolers on the Buzz and Liquido's been around a few years. I heard about the new line awhile back and have been looking forward to seeing them.

Hopefully we'll hear from Canyon soon on this.

-AH

·
Registered
469 Posts
Canyon's good people. Once I nail down what my next boat will be I'm getting rid of my Yeti and ordering a Canyon.

·
Vendor
42 Posts
Prospector - Buzzard - Canyon

Canyon checking in. Yes we built a new rafting cooler. We just kicked the first skin of a new Prospector out of the mold yesterday and we were pretty stoked.

Yes we listen to our clients, we raft, and we also got some awesome design suggestions and feedback from Mtn. Buzz conversations. Truthfully I wanted this product finished last year but had some tooling issues that dragged on and on. Did I say we were stoked ? I also meant relieved.

Thanks (giving) for the kind words and for the 'suspicous' words too, you keep this site clean and relevant.

New Year's resolution: More Buzz ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
That cooler looks pretty sweet for a raft specific cooler. I have a Sailor 105 and an outfitter 50 from Canyon and they are both great coolers. The 105 I run in the front of the boat with a flip seat for the front angler and it works awesome, I don't use the frame rails on the cooler as I wanted the front angler higher so it rests on a cooler mount. Sailor 105 is one badass cooler.

Like others have said Canyon has excellent customer service and has gone out of their way to help me out and keep me happy. I am about to buy another cooler from them for my solo days on land. Great peoples and great product.

·
Registered
506 Posts
According to Canyon the cooler sits 4.75 inches above the frame. This cooler looks pretty damn nice to me.

Jim

·
Registered
70 Posts
When I was setting up a new cataraft this summer I waited and waited for a low-priced online vendor to ship a cooler (not a Canyon Cooler). I finally gave up and called Canyon Cooler -- Adam quickly shipped the cooler I needed and I was able to complete my set-up in time for a trip. I'm impressed with their service, and the cooler.

Jim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts