Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After years my old mini grease gun I use to lube the trailer bearings crapped out. Before I go out and get another one, is there a mini grease gun (3-oz cartridges) out there that doesn't get messy?

What I mean is, one that you put the cartridge in, and the plunger keeps a seal on the grease so you don't need to periodically pull back the plunger, collect the grease that squirts out the end, and re-pack the grease into the mini-cartridge?

Thanks!

-AH

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I've had much better luck with the larger size- for the reasons you explain. Buy a good one with the flexible hose on the end- and forget about having to mess with it again.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
447 Posts
I just greased my trailer and truck fleet and I like the full size too. You can slowly control how much grease flows out with the lever and if you send too much out you can back it off with the lever on the end of the gun as long as you were sending it out slow. Kinda like a caulking gun.

·
Old Guy in a PFD
1,106 Posts
Never had a grease gun that wasn't ............. greasy.

So I just stuck mine in a Zip Lock after I wrapped it in a paper towel or rag. I mean, you're gonna need a rag or towel anyway, if you use the gun, right?

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
The good thing about the big ones, is when you investigate why it's no grease is coming out and open the wrong end, all 12 ounces get ejected at once. Ask me how I know that...

-Dave
(Seven two 0) 298-2242

1 - 5 of 5 Posts