Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the creek like below Temple Canyon bridge? Is it doable in an inflatable? We have some tomcats and want to run it but I have never been through that part of the creek.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It gets duckied alot. One of my friends rafted it in a 14ft raft and said it was good to go. I'll warn you that he considers wrapping and flipping little kids into shallow water as good to go also. There is one class three called "Fruit of the Loom".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ran Grape Creek today from Temple Canyon bridge to Ash Street in Canon City. What a blast!! This was my first true trip in the Tomcats, I have been down the Arkansas through Canon City a few times but that is it. Found the fence, my buddy ripped the bottom of the duckie open with it, so that sucked but didn't put a hole in the bladder. Not sure how you would get a 14' raft down it, it was tight just getting a duckie through some of it. I'm guessing "Fruit of the Loom" is just below the headgate and before the fence? I hope to make it back next week to do it again. Also saw a car half way down the cliff in the canyon, not sure how long thats been there but I bet it was one heck of a ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts