Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CFS flows depending, of course. I understand that 250+ is optimal for less rocks, but would be willing to take the plunge at 200....150? Anyone who know me know I enjoy the river at even the lower flows. Very few creeks are running right now and this one seems to want to be run.

I've not run this creek before but this is the year for me. With the reservoir 101% full and spilling from the last 2 big snow strorms and the upper mountains have hardly started to thaw yet, I'm confident it's gonna be a good Grape Creek season.

post here or my home # is (719) 784-3567 and my cell # is (719) 661-4377

I'm officially excited for boating season!

Ed Hansen

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ed, Jeremy and I have run Grape at about 150 cfs, it's not worth it. I would love to run it at 400 +. I hope you're right about Grape's season, though.
If the Wet Mountains got a lot of that snow, plan on walking the 4x4 road into the put in. In the past there has been plenty of parking at the entrance of the 4x4 road.
At a low level, take out at the bridge on the back road, the rest of the paddle into the Ark is not much but good tubing water. Good luck, get there early because you'll need the time!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Tim, I was actually thinking of calling you or Jeremy about this creek. Thanks for the response. ---150 cfs is out then--- And, about the put-in road, We drove it the other day all the way in. It was muddy in the first half but the Subaru got us all the way in. About a mile from the river, an eight-foot boulder on the right side of the road had shifted and was blocking that side of the road, but there is still plenty of road to pass, as long as your vehicle isn't super-sized.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts