Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SAN JUAN COUNTY – The Colorado State Patrol says a semi truck carrying apples veered off U.S. 550 between Molas Pass and Coal Bank Summit Saturday and plunged about 150 feet into Lime Creek.

Troopers say the trailer was destroyed. The apples scattered all over a wide area below the road. Other apples floated down Lime Creek.

The driver of the truck was airlifted to Mercy Hospital in Durango. The State Patrol says he was listed in stable condition Saturday afternoon.

Troopers say it appears the truck experienced brake failure caused by overheating.

In all seriousness, though- they had better clean that mess up....

·
Registered
834 Posts
In all seriousness, though- they had better clean that mess up....
That's exactly what I thought. When I saw the picture in the Denver Post I thought that the truck landed in a spot where people had been dumping garbage. I thought that because of the mattress in the foreground. It took me quite a while to realize that the garbage dump was all from the truck wreck.

My guess is that they'll just pick up the big pieces. That is what they do in Clear Creek canyon by Golden. The worst was one year when a tar truck turned over above tunnel 1 by the low head dam. There were little bitty black spots of tar on my boat and gear for about 3 years after that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts