Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tom,

The group I pointed to is specifically targeted at GC trip planning issues, and that alone. And yup, it's just another resource for people to have at their disposal.

Of course, folks already post about trips on the GCPBA Yahoogroup, which has 2,700+ members, and the GCPBA Facebook group page is available as well.

But we still point them to the new group because the Park's privacy limitations don't allow the release of actual permit holder information, and we are trying to expand and facilitate that kind of targeted communication.

Have a good one.

Rich Phillips

·
Registered
938 Posts
Excellent idea Rich! Just for the fun of it, I have started a new Facebook page called:

Grand Canyon River Trip Participants Needed.

The URL is below. If you are looking to join a trip, or are looking for folks to join your trip, looking for a ride across the river, looking to see who launches the same day you do, here's another page to help with all that!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/706690459385566/

·
Registered
163 Posts
Not pointing fingers at either of you guys, both of whom I know are well-intentioned, but it seems as though things are evolving towards a cluster-f*ck of various online sites for offering/begging GC slots. Seems like it's not only un-necessary, but perhaps even counter-productive. As Rodney King would say, can't we just settle on one site for this, be it a yahoo-group, a m'buzz sub-forum, or a Facebook page ?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Good point jge1. One could counter that sole source sites may be hard to find for some folks, moderated by the owners for reasons of spite and not just civility, or be otherwise problematic.. We all know everyone posts on the Buzz, right? Or on a FB page... or a yahoogroup... Right? Well.... maybe not... In talking with river runners, it seems the vast majority of folks don't follow any of these sites, so having many options is, in my way of thinking, a better "net" to help get the word out. All the best, tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts