Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a permit for a Grand Canyon private raft trip putting in on July 18 for 16 days to Diamond Creek. I am looking for one or two boats to go with me, five people maximum (small trip). I live in Colorado Springs, Colorado and anyone in this area would be better so we could meet. You will have to share all expenses including permit fees and shuttling, (probably around $1000 a person) and have your own boat and bring your own supplies including everything required by NPS. Non-smokers only. Anyone with Grand Canyon experience will be given priority. You must have several years experience rowing your own boat. I have been down the Grand Canyon 2 times and have been rafting for over 20 years. Charles.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
We've rented 6-18' maravias and had supplied all our food for between 12-1300. Per person x15 peeps. This included shuttle and complete boat set ups. We supplied personal gear and alchohol.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an estimate, don't want anyone surprised at the cost. Do not think anyone will object if it comes in less. Any constructive suggestions to hold down cost appreciated, particularly the shuttle.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just an estimate, don't want anyone surprised at the cost. Do not think anyone will object if it comes in less. Any constructive suggestions to hold down cost appreciated, particularly the shuttle.
Taking out at Pearce Ferry would really cut your costs down (no Hualapai fees).
River Runners Shuttle Service out of Meadview charges $250 (includes tax and storage) per vehicle for multiple vehicles last time I checked.
If everyone brings their own food, you should be able to trim your estimate down quite a bit.
Hope you have a great trip!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts